WillPower Foundation Grant Application | Overview
Please read the following information thoroughly BEFORE starting your application.
The WillPower Foundation provides grants to families and individuals with different abilities living in Western Massachusetts. WillPower Foundation Grants specialize in funding products and services that are not typically covered by insurance or other resources, including but not limited to mobility and sensory equipment, therapeutic recreation programs, educational advocacy, private tutoring and camp expenses. Our online application is simple and straightforward, requiring only information about the needs of the individual and the benefit of the requested product/service. A Letter of Support is required (see WillPower Letter of Support Form Template) from a professional or provider who can attest to the applicant’s needs. Applicants may be approved for one grant per year of up to $750 per family.
Eligibility for WPF grants is determined by the availability of funds, as well as the following criteria and guidelines:
Please note: “Applicant” refers to the person completing and submitting the application. “Grant recipient” refers to the person on whose behalf the applicant is requesting funds.
- The grant recipient must reside in Hampshire, Hampden, Franklin, or Berkshire County. Anyone in these counties may apply, but priority consideration will be given to those residing in Holyoke and its bordering communities.
- Applicants need only submit one application per family, but you may indicate how many family members your grant request will support.
- Applications will only be considered for products and services that are not easily accessed through insurance or other resources.
- Applications must provide a clear explanation of how the service/equipment will benefit the grant recipient. A description of the grant recipient’s diagnosis and special needs is required in order to be eligible for funding consideration.
- Letters of support are required. If there is no LOS, the application will not be considered for funding.
- Past WPF grant recipients are welcome to submit a new application each calendar year, but priority is given to those who have not yet received WPF funding.
- WPF does not accept applications for services already rendered or for balances due to vendors, i.e. past invoices for educational fees, recreational programs
- WPF does not accept applications for funding for computer hardware (i.e. iPads, laptops, etc.). However, applications for funding for specialized software (i.e. communication or educational apps for tablets) are eligible for funding consideration.
- Approved WPF grants are processed for payment in one of two ways:
- By check payable directly to a local vendor or service provider, OR
- By check payable to the family member or purchaser for the approved product or service
NOTE: If your grant is approved, an Award Payment Confirmation Form will be emailed to you. Forms must be completed by the deadline indicated on the Award Payment Confirmation Form, or your grant may not be funded.
2022-23 WillPower Foundation Grant Submission Schedule
|Application Submission Period||Application Deadline||Funding Decisions will be emailed by:|
|11/01/22 – 3/31/2023*||3/31/2023*||5/01/2023|
|4/01/23 – 7/31/2023||7/31/2023||9/01/2023|
|8/01/23 – 10/31/2023||10/31/2023||12/01/2023|
*All applicants requesting funds for Summer programming (i.e. camp) are strongly urged to submit by the Spring deadline.
If you have questions or need assistance submitting your application, please contact email@example.com or call 413-341-0151.
We highly recommend reading the Frequently Asked Questions before starting your application.Start My Application