WillPower Foundation Grant Application | Overview
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read the following information thoroughly BEFORE starting your application.
We highly recommend reading the Frequently Asked Questions before starting your application.
*Please note: Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, we are prioritizing grant requests that can be utilized during this time (i.e. sensory equipment, mobility and safety equipment, advocacy, etc). Grants for services or products that cannot be used during social distancing may not be granted. This is an ever-changing policy that we will reevaluate as new information becomes available.*
The WillPower Foundation provides grants to families and individuals with different abilities living in Western Massachusetts. Our online application is simple and straightforward, requiring only information about the needs of the individual and the benefit of the requested product/service. WillPower Foundation Grants may be awarded for up to $500 per family per calendar year. WillPower Foundation Grants specialize in funding products and services that are not typically covered by insurance or other resources, including but not limited to mobility and sensory equipment, therapeutic recreation programs, educational advocacy, private tutoring and camp expenses.
2020 WillPower Foundation Grant Submission Schedule
|Application Submission Period||Application Deadline||Funding Decisions will be emailed by:|
*All applicants requesting funds for Summer programming (i.e. camp) are strongly urged to submit by Spring deadline.
As of 1/1/2017, WPF is no longer accepting paper applications. Only online applications will be accepted. If you have questions or need assistance submitting your application online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-341-0151.
Please note: Throughout this application, “Applicant” refers to the person completing and submitting the application. “Grant recipient” refers to the person with different abilities on whose behalf the applicant is requesting funds.
Eligibility for WPF grants is determined by availability of funds, as well as the following criteria and guidelines:
- The grant recipient must reside in Hampshire, Hampden, Franklin, or Berkshire County.
- Applicants need only submit one application per family, but you may indicate how many children your grant request will support.
- Applications will only be considered for products and services that are not easily accessed through insurance or other resources.
- Applications must provide a clear explanation of how the service/equipment will benefit the grant recipient. A description of the grant recipient’s diagnosis and special needs is required in order to be eligible for funding consideration.
- Letters of support, while not required, may significantly strengthen an applicant’s chances of being approved for funding.
- Applications must include vendor information and itemized dollar amounts for requested product/services in order to be eligible for funding consideration.
- Past WPF grant recipients are welcome to submit a new application each calendar year, but priority is given to those who have not yet received WPF funding.
- WPF does not accept applications for services already rendered or for balances due to vendors, such as past invoices for educational fees, recreational programs, etc.
- WPF does not accept applications for funding for computer hardware (i.e. iPads, laptops, etc.). However, applications for funding for specialized software (i.e. communication or educational apps for tablets) are eligible for funding consideration.
- Approved WPF grants are processed for payment in one of two ways:
- By check payable directly to a local vendor or service provider, or
- By reimbursement check payable to the purchaser upon receipt of proof of purchase for the approved product or service. No reimbursement awards will be issued without receipts itemizing the approved item or items.
NOTE: If your grant is approved , an Award Payment Confirmation Form will be emailed to you. Forms must be completed by the deadline indicated on the Award Payment Confirmation Form, or your grant WILL be redistributed to another applicant.
Click here to read through our Frequently Asked Questions.